Dear Dream Tending and Imagination Community,
If ever there was a time and a place to heed the call of imagination, that place is here, that time is now. Humanity stands at a crossroads: one direction seeming to lead to destruction, the other to the endless possible. Your contribution could tip the balance to propel humanity forward to its better future. How will you show up? How can we, as a community, show up?
The trailblazers are people like you—the seekers, the creatives, the workers, the dreamers, the doers. You who are willing and ready to tap into a collective imagination so vital, so vibrant, so resonant, we invite you to join our community Saturday, May 14th. Together we will tap into the innate intelligence of dreams and imagination. From the wisdom of the depths, let’s create a collective response to gift back into the world. The peoples, places, and creatures who are in need of us as we are of them await our offering.
- Notice the figures in your night dreams and in your daytime imaginings.
- Bring a witnessing presence to their visitation. No need to interpret or analyze.
- Make a sketch or create a brief description of who/what visits.
- Between now and when we gather, take some time each day and bring your attention to the figure. Get curious. No need to do anything more at this point.
- Together, we will attune in a safe and supported way to the innate genius that comes forward when these imaginal figures join us in community.
In the dreamtime,
Inside The Curious Mind
This is a quote that resonated with me this week…
“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.”
― Maya Angelou
Stephen Aizenstat, Ph.D., is the founder of Dream Tending, Pacifica Graduate Institute, and the Academy of Imaginal Arts and Sciences. He is a world-renowned professor of depth psychology, an imagination specialist, and an innovator. He has served as an organizational consultant to major companies and institutions, and as a depth psychological content advisor to Hollywood film makers. He has lectured extensively in the U.S., Asia, and Europe. He is affiliated with the Earth Charter International project through the United Nations, where he has spoken. Professor Aizenstat is the Chancellor Emeritus and Founding President of Pacifica Graduate Institute. He has collaborated with many notable masters in the field including Joseph Campbell, James Hillman, Marion Woodman, and Robert Johnson.