March 23 & 24 2019 – The Healing Power of Dreams: The Craft of Dream Tending
This is a one day workshop (offered on the 23rd and 24th). Working with tools and methods from Dream Tending, participants learn how to access the power and potential alive in dreams. We discover how to engage untapped creativity and deep intelligence that comes awake when our eyes are closed. In this workshop, we experience ways of transforming nightmare images to serve a more constructive purpose. As we delve into the healing potential of dreams, specific approaches are offered that support our psychological and physical well-being. In addition to gaining the skills to remember and sustain our relationship with dreams, Dream Tending offers perspectives that assist in attending to various compulsions and addictions. Most importantly, we rediscover our relationship with the wonder and mystery, sometimes hidden yet always present, in the potency of the deep imagination.
Workshop participants will:
- Learn how to remember dreams and examine reoccurring dream themes
- Practice dream tending skills
- Animate dream images and form relationships with figures in dreams
- Discover how living images impact and inform our moods, behaviors, and perceptions
- Learn how dreams can support and improve physical and psychological health