Programs Coordinator Position
- Full Time, In-person, Santa Barbara CA
- $65k per year, benefits
- Dream Tending was founded by Stephen Aizenstat, Ph.D over forty years ago. Dream Tending is an approach and training method to working with dreams and imagination to restore wellness and increase awareness. Dream Tending currently runs four 9 month certificate programs in addition to workshops, webinars, and destination retreats internationally.
MORE ABOUT DREAM TENDING AND THE FOUNDER:
Stephen Aizenstat, Ph.D., is the founder of Dream Tending, Pacifica Graduate Institute, and the Academy of Imaginal Arts and Sciences. He is a world-renowned professor of depth psychology, an imagination specialist, and an innovator. He has served as an organizational consultant to major companies and institutions, and as a depth psychological content advisor to Hollywood film makers. Dr. Aizenstat has lectured extensively in the U.S., Asia, and Europe. He is affiliated with the Earth Charter International project through the United Nations, where he has spoken. He has collaborated with many notable masters in the field including Joseph Campbell, James Hillman, Marion Woodman, and Robert Johnson.
Dream Tending is looking for a Programs Coordinator to partner with Dr. Aizenstat and his team in running the logistics to the certificate programs and workshops. Most programs are hosted on Pacifica Graduate Institute’s Lambert campus and others are destination-based or online. This position will have an office, computer, and benefits provided. Some programs run over weekends in which you will be asked to work. You will be a part of weekly team meetings, attending all public programs, doing email outreach to program participants, and helping coordinate meals, attendance, and other vital program communication. You are a wonderful communicator, highly organized, can learn or are familiar with CRM software, and hopefully have an interest in wellness, dreams, and psychology.
TEAM STRUCTURE & WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
To be successful in this role you have organized events before and are successful in taking initiative and ownership in managing public programs. You will have a lot of ownership and trust in your role. You work well in teams, are highly organized, have a high emotional intelligence, and obtain the capacity to envision working systems that can scale so our work can reach and support more people in their personal growth. You will be an integral part of our weekly team meetings and coordinate with our marketing team, content team, and Dr. Aizenstat firsthand. As a culture add, you approach personal and professional relationships from a place of care, curiosity and open-mindedness. You genuinely care about the wellbeing of others and are actively keeping inclusion & diversity top of mind.
WHY YOU WANT TO JOIN DREAM TENDING:
- Ownership. Work on things you are passionate about. Imagine, create and execute transformational, healing experience in beautiful settings.
- Growth Opportunities. Help design & build out Public Programs with room to grow into Director role and hire a team.
- Trust / Flexibility. There is a lot of ownership, flexibility and trust when it comes to event management. You will have some flexibility in your schedule outside of weekly team meetings and public programs.
- PTO. 2 weeks of PTO your first year + 12 paid holidays.
- Multicultural and International. Dream Tending currently offers lectures and workshops in China, Italy, the Philippines, and more. Surround yourself with a global, passionate community. We do our best to practice and keep each other accountable when it comes to diversity, inclusion, integrity, empathy, compassion and high emotional intelligence while knowing we are all a work in progress.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
- Time Management & Prioritization: there may be multiple demands and we ask that you can manage your time and prioritize the most pressing thing to ensure programs are professional and go smoothly.
- Organization: you are highly organized and can multitask. You lead the team in this way and we respect you in what you offer in this way.
- Strategic & High Impact Thinking: you will be helping create and manage our annual event calendar and ensuring timelines and benchmarks reached for sales and retention within programs with our team. You will need to be strategic and action oriented, so all programs run smoothly from start to finish.
- Communicating: managing verbal and written correspondence on an ongoing basis to ensure a world class customer success experience
- Connecting: genuinely connecting with prospective leads.
- Educating: you will be the one fielding questions and converting leads into sales. You will be trained in what Dream Tending is, how it is helpful, and how to share our passion with others.
- Being a Team Player: you think and make decisions based on what’s best for the team.
- Being Solutions Oriented: you like the rush of being challenged with an issue and taking the initiative to solve it.
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be present and oversee all public programs, including Certificate 1, 2, 3, 4, workshops and retreats.
- Set up Zoom links for programs, field questions, facilitate breakouts, lead breakouts, introduce speakers, manage and build out PowerPoint screenshare.
- Be confident in public speaking and being on camera.
- Ability to format emails through the CRM system (MailChimp, constant contact) and send out e-mail/text communications.
- Ability to use DocuSign.
- Familiarity with CRM system.
- Familiarity with payment processing systems.
- Ability to organize and coordinate with external venders (Pacifica, Omni, Best Western) on participants full program success.
- Host Facebook Lives events with speaker introductions and fielding questions. Name upcoming public programs and final sales pitch for future registration.
- Ability to speak with people on the phone and answer questions.
- Be in charge of all public program registrations.
- Coordinate with Sales team about public program dates and sales strategy.
- Handle all continuing education credit payments, registrations, attendance verification on Zoom downloading reports and submission to CEC coordinator.
- Review program registrations for follow up needed with participants, including completion of details.
- Mail information as required for programs.
- Follow up phone calls after public programs creating rapport and ensuring customer success. Name upcoming public programs and ways to stay involved in the Facebook community.
- Ensure Covid testing and Covid vaccinations of participants is checks before workshops when in person including ensuring health liability waivers are signed.
- Applicant can show proof of Covid-19 vaccination according to CDC recommendations.
- Scan, e-mail information as needed.
- Ability to work in person in Santa Barbara office.
- Ability to travel for public programs as needed.
- Host and sit in programs to ensure they run smoothly.
- Other duties as requested.
Knowledge of CRM software and email subscription service management. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Accurate data entry skills.Ability to process information in a logical manner. Ability to type 60 WPM. Professional communication skills in order to write emails and conduct conversations on the phone.
Other skills as requested.
If interested in this position please e-mail your resume, cover letter, and personal/professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org